Super excited that my new ten-minute play The Assignment will be taken for a spin at Crash Test Drama Canberra today. Not only will I get to see my script read for the first time, but I have been lucky enough to be paired up with Philip Meddows, who has kindly agreed to sit in the director’s chair. After seeing Philip’s stellar performance in Rachel Hogan’s adaptation of The Mandrake Root a few weeks back, I’m keen to see what he’ll do.
The full Crash Test line up is:
- Cupid’s Waiting by Kate Roediger, directed by Annastasia Denton
- My Undies Are Evil by John Lombard, directed by Arne Sjosetd
- A Dog’s Life written and directed by Angus Algie
- The Supermarket by C.J. Naylor, directed by Judith Peterson
- The Experiment by Andrew Richey, directed by Lynn Petersen
- The Assignment by Greg Gould, directed by Philip Meddows
As always, Crash Test Drama Canberra takes places at Canberra Rep’s awesome Theatre 3. Proceedings kick off at 4pm for directors and actors, with performances starting at 6pm.
If you’re an actor looking for a role, or simply want to come and check out Canberra’s newest ten-minute plays, be sure to get along. More details are available at the Crash Test facebook event page.