I was delighted and honoured to learn that my ten-minute play, Last Drinks, has been selected for Shorter+Sweeter – the best of Short+Sweet Dubai.
Shorter+Sweeter will be at the Madinat Theatre on May 7th and 8th, followed by another performance at the Abu Dhabi Theatre on Saturday 30th May.
The show is a collection of ten ten-minute plays, all chosen from the first three years of Short+Sweet Dubai. The plays were selected by Artistic Director Liz Hadaway, along with Associate Director Sidd Jose, to create a well-balanced and entertaining evening of world class theatre. Last Drinks will be performed by Beth Burrows and Mike Green.
The full line-up of plays include:
- Tagged by Russell Bell
- No. 22 by Adele Vuko
- Friends and Colleagues by Cliff Single
- Last Drinks by Greg Gould
- Perfect Stillness by Jane Miller
- The Royal Shakespeareans present ‘Romeo & Juliet’ by Vikram Ahuja, Salman Qureshi and Hananah Zaheer
- somewhere between the sky and the sea by Alex Broun
- Treteau by Sanjeev Dixit (guest production)
- Sure Thing by David Ives (guest production)
All of the selected plays are stellar and have won a number of Short+Sweet awards both in Dubai and around the world. Details about each play can be found at Short+Sweet.
Last Drinks was first produced at Short+Sweet Dubai 2014 by Backstage. It was directed by Rashmi Kotriwala and performed by Rohit Prakash and Aswathi Menon.
If you can’t get to Dubai to see the show in May, you can always read a copy of the script on my Short Plays page!